Ericka Vilkauls has an impressive track record in the retail industry covering branding, transformation, restructuring, supply chain and logistics for high profile luxury and fashion brands.
Her previous positions held include CEO of LK Bennett, CEO of EAST and COO of Thomas Pink.
As CEO, Enrica enjoys developing insightful commercial strategy while still being hands-on in operational delivery, translating brand vision into competitive advantage. Needless to say, this includes the usual mix of highs and lows, requiring resilience as well as the energy and desire to work hard and fast.
As you would expect, her remit is broad to say the least! For Erica, it’s all about results which means she needs to draw on her experience of:
- 30 years in Retail and E-commerce, from shop-floor to Boardroom, in the UK and Europe.
- Developing and delivering successful strategies to drive multi-channel, sustainable, profitable growth.
- Steering company-wide change in response to evolving buying patterns, cascading critical behaviours.
- Leading senior management to create and implement strategic plans and goals.
- Designing robust infrastructures which facilitate change in preparation for expansion, mergers or sale.
- Exploiting technology to harness critical business information and optimise sales channels.
Erica believes a good deal of my success can be attributed to the following philosophies:
- Valuing honesty and transparency in equal measure, and above all else.
- Considering people as an asset rather than a cost and instilling this belief in leadership teams.
- Quickly analysing the business, unearthing the reality to understand what you have to work with.
- Basing decisions on what’s right for the business, while also being mindful of the impact on its people.
- Even the best laid plans can go awry; be prepared to admit it rather than blindly carrying on regardless.
Whether she working with start-ups, restructuring and growing established companies or being parachuted in to improve or close failing businesses, the key is for everyone to pull together in the same direction; that will ultimately be a win-win for everyone.