Michiel Bindels is partner at Windt Le Grand Leeuwenburgh and specializes in banking and finance and (financial) restructuring. He has gained experience in these fields, having worked for two major international law firms and Rabobank, before joining Windt Le Grand Leeuwenburgh.
Michiel receives praise in the Legal 500, 2020: “excellent legal skills and good and efficient negotiator”. The banking work of Windt Le Grand Leeuwenburgh is also recognised in the IFLR 2019: “Personal, high quality service and delivers with speed.”
Legal 500 2020 about the restructuring team: “Great guys in the Rotterdam region, seasoned practitioners.”
- Acting for a provider of horticuluture technology on its EUR 25m financial restructuring and refinancing.
- Acting for an innovative high-end plant nursery on its EUR 44m financial and corporate restructuring
- Acting for Quick Parking Holding, a Dutch parking multinational, in its refinancing.
- Acting for the management participation vehicle in the EUR 1.6 billion refinancing of IHC Merwede Holding.
- Assisted a group of funds on the refinancing of a EUR 750m Revolving Credit Facility provided to Hemisphere International Properties B.V., holding approx. EUR 1.1 billion real estate for Steinhoff International Holding N.V., and the further implementation of the restructuring and refinancing.
- Acted for Rabobank (as pledgee) on the recovery of a receivable pledged to it, including litigating on complex issues of jurisdiction under the pledge.
- Assisted Varova Fashion Group (110 stores, 1500 people employed, EUR 140m revenue p/a) and Standard Investment (as a shareholder) in negotiating an Amendment and Restatement relating to a Loan Facility Agreement.
- Assisting in the restructuring of De Telefoongids (European Directories).
- Managed the restructuring of a fund with a portfolio of approx. 4,000 residential properties and the subsequent sale of the portfolio.